Friday, February 11, 2011

Feeling My Roots

I sat yesterday at the hospital waiting for my dad to get discharged and read old issues of Southern Living magazine. What nostalgia! There was an article on writing a thank-you note. Thankfully, I passed. This magazine makes me feel that I could move back and open a quaint shop and grow a beautiful garden. And of course cook a great southern meal. Which we all know I can do that! Maybe I am just manic. That is possible being down here in this warmth and sunshine. I do know this, these little ole towns that are now charging $200 a night to stay in their hotels, farms, and ranches used to be just blips in the road. I bet they are still just blips in the road with over priced hotels.

BTW, if no one told you they loved you today I do.


"Growing up Southern is a privilege, really. It's more than where you're born, it's an idea and state of mind that seems imparted at birth. It's more than loving fried chicken, sweet tea, football, and country music. It's being hospitable, devoted to front porches, magnolias, moon pies and coca-cola... and each other. We don't become Southern - we're born that way."
Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am new here from Java's Follow Friday. Congrats on your amazing accomplishments! This side of 50 is a pretty great place all in all. I look forward to reading more in the days and weeks to come!
    BS

    ReplyDelete