Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Change


Bless others, change me. I heard that at a meeting the other night. For some reason that stuck out over everything else I heard that night. The topic was how we maintain our sobriety. There was a lot of good suggestions being brought up.

I remember when I got sober the first time how I blamed everyone else for how I was feeling. I let everyone else effect my mood and serenity. I didn't know how to be responsible for my sobriety. This time around has been a lot of work. Not always easy and not always perfect. I didn't see the change at first but others around me did and had faith when I did not.

Change is slow but is inevitable. Today I accept it and welcome it. I look to the future with excitement and anticipation. Blessing others is something I have to ask for help on though. I tend to forget that aspect of life. When I do, my life comes together in harmony.

Life is good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment