Thursday, September 15, 2011

Home


I came home yesterday after being away for most of the past 2 weeks at my daughter's. Granted it has only been on the other side of town. She had surgery and has needed help for her and the my grandchildren. Mainly the children and the daily routine. It has been a rough go for her. Fortunately I was off school last week. Last night I had an emotional melt down at my meeting. I have been so focused on her for so long that I felt like I was abandoning her. What do I do now? Where do I go from here?

My sponsor said everything was going to be OK. Just do the next right thing. And don't drink! I have the best women's group on Wednesday that I go to. I love them. I can go and open up and cry if I need to. I get hugs.

The next right thing today is that I have math homework that I have due today that I do not understand. So I will study and if I continue to not understand it, I will stay after class tonight and get extra help. It's all good.

I will sneak in that I want to expand my blogging abilities. More research needed.




The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.
Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment