Monday, February 21, 2011

United We Stand, Not!

"I'm ticked! Who the heck is Trevor Bayne and I can't believe he just won the Daytona 500 and this is only his second race. Grrrr. He doesn't even know how to do a doughnut and his favorite show is Rug-rats. Are you serious?!?! " MS
Quote from Facebook this morning. And one person's response was "He just got his driver's license two years ago..." PK. Is this for real? Do we not live in America where you can compete to win in your sport? Is there a time requirement? I was glad somebody shook up the normal status quo. I go for the underdog anyway. Must be the liberal do gooder in me.
So his favorite show is Rugrats. One of my favorite cartoons is Bobby's World. I know we all have one. I guess there is an elitism among cartoon aficionados.
One person commented with a story about Tony Stewart and that he had hit another driver on the head with his helmet during the off season. The driver had to get reconstructive surgery. She states that Tony is an ass and needs to be banned. Now what does this have to do with the topic at hand? We do not know as she did not tie it in with what was being said. I'm going to guess that we are suppose to hate Tony Stewart now.
I don't sit and watch Nascar races but they are in the background at my house when they are on. My husband likes to watch them. I should say he watches it and flips to other channels during the commercials. I can find many other things to get into while they are on. Good books, a good magazine, the computer, a Sunday movie, a phone call with a friend, and a great meeting. A meeting is always good. I have a hard time sitting for any length of time anyways.
We live in America though. Like I say, we can always agree to disagree.

Happy President's Day! No mail today, banks are closed. Sales at the mall though! You didn't hear me say that....

No comments:

Post a Comment