Friday, February 25, 2011

Insanity & Gratitude


The discussion this week in a meeting and with my sponsor has been insanity. Definition of insanity by Albert Einstien: doing the same over and over and expecting different results. I suppose that because we are in the 2nd month of the year and that coincides with step 2, the topic probably comes up quite often. My sponsor and I talked about how the insanity of step 2 is different than the insanity of bipolar disorder. The insanity is the result of the powerlessness and the unmanageability of step 1. We continue to drink in spite of all the consequences it causes. In step 2 though, we find the power that can restore us to sanity. Step 1 we identify the problem and in step 2 we find the solution. How simple she laid it out for me. I had done theses steps before and this was an eye opener. Wow! I love it!

Now on to the news at hand. A different kind of insanity. Gas prices. Yesterday it was $3.45. What is up with that? Are we going to continue to take it up the ass from the Middle East? I don't know if it is due to the unrest there but they have been at war for thousands of years now. So what's new? Now Ghadafi is going to destroy oil fields. I'm sure the next thing is we'll be in Libya poring all kinds of money into their defense. I am not a political reporter so this is a short bitch. I just know that on my limited income, I'll have to cut back on my driving somewhere. I don't drive that much now. I only have 67,000 miles on an 11 year old car.

Enough bitching. I am grateful I live in a free country with no war. I have a car to drive and the ability to purchase gas. I am free to worship whomever I want. I can write freely.
Thank God for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment