Saturday, February 19, 2011

Home Is Where the Heart Is

I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh, babe I hate to go


For those that do not know, this is from the song written by John Denver while he was in the Washington airport in 1967, which is now known as Dulles International. I'm humming this tune as I will be flying out of Atlanta this afternoon heading back home to Michigan. I am holding back the tears that just beg to flow.
I want to live closer to my family. I would love to be able to see my parents and be there for them and help them out more. I have been away for so long now. I have to trust in God that if it is His will then it will happen. Dave and I have to provide the action but He will provide
the way.
I read in one of my daily meditations the other day that we should not ask God for what we need but trust and believe in Him to provide. Something to that idea. I took it to mean that we should not assume God's will for us but to trust that he knows what is best for us and WILL take care of us. It made perfect sense. I pray every day for God's will for me but then go into specific details of what I want Him to do. Pretty sad, huh? Somedays I think I am getting this and then, wham! I get hit in the head with a 2x4. I guess that is why it is progress not perfection. Man, I just love it!
Honey, turn the light on, I'm coming home!


"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
Martin Luther King, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment